Tip Tuesday – Things You Need to Know

Untitled design (7)

If you are using a liquid foundation, after you apply your foundation and concealer, set with a setting powder. If you are applying powder blush, contour, highlighter, etc. it will help them apply more smoothly and make them easier to blend. (This may not be necessary when using a matte finish foundation or using cream blush, contour,etc.)

1. Helena R says:

It’s a good tip. Using a setting powder with foundation and concealer is smart. I’ll try it.

2. I only use concealer, but I can use this too.Great tips.

I use a setting powder over my concealer as well, it helps prevent creasing especially under the eye!

3. Laura Dove says:

Oh what great tips!! I am so clueless with make up but I do want to learn more and start experimenting more!

4. Ali Rost says:

Loving your quick tips for all things makeup! Admittedly, I haven’t worn much over the years and could use all the advice I can get. xx

5. lexafish says:

I’m so interested in makeup! I need more tips like this. With all the different products and types it’s hard for a newbie who doesnt know anything about makeup to get into it. Thank you for the tip!

You are so right! There are definitely so many different types and brands of products out there!

6. I have to be sincere: I don’t even know what a setting powder is but since you recommend it (I ONLY Use liquid foundation because of very dry skin) I’ll google it now.

It is a translucent or lightly colored powder that helps your makeup last longer. It can also help with oily skin. 🙂

7. Kate says:

Good tip for a make up users!

8. Jana says:

Wow! That was an awesome quick tip! Thank you for that! I’m going to try it now!

9. Karen Monica says:

This is a great tip. Never thought of setting it with setting powder. Will surely try it out. Thanks

10. Nina says:

That is such a great tip! I really need to go find a good setting powder. Do you have any recommendations

Cover FX is a good higher end one and Maybelline Fit me is a really good drugstore setting powder.

11. simplysensationalfood says:

I am not very good with makeup do this sounds like a great tip to learn.

12. DrKLeeBanks says:

I don’t use foundation or setting powder, mostly. because I don’t go out much to warrant “putting on a face.” But I will keep this in mind when the opportunity arises for a special occasion!

13. toastycritic says:

I am sure that these would be very good tips. I will pass these along to my daughter as she would be very interested in them.

14. Christina Pilat says:

I always do this! It’s probably not always necessary like you said. But I always feel like my skin is dewy after foundation application so I just want to set it. Especially because I use powder contour and blush.

15. elenasts says:

I haven`t tried this yet but for sure I will now.