Sol De Janiero Ipanema Sunset Glow Oil

039EEB21-4383-4EFD-A765-B551D6B169F4
Photo from Sol De Janeiro

I got this to try in my Boxycharm BoxyLuxe box this month. I was pretty skeptical as most of these products don’t work as advertised. I would hope with a $35 price tag that it would work well.

79788E70-B9F3-42EE-B7AE-147C98B9AF66This can be used as a highlighter for the face or body. It can be mixed with foundation or used as a stand alone highlighter on the face.

This stuff is amazing! I mixed it with my foundation the first time I used it and was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked even with my foundation. It gave me a great glow and the smell is amazing! AF4F4315-6865-4C3F-93BB-3018DEF81351

It works well on the body also. It gives an amazing “just got sun” glow. I was not a fan of it as a stand alone highlighter for the face, but I don’t like liquid highlighters anyway.

I am very excited to find this product! This is the first product like this that I have tried that actually does what it says it does and to the degree that it does it. 🙂

5B497EE9-2465-4799-8034-B554D48AEB01The one thing I don’t like is that it doesn’t have a pump. I think that would make it the perfect product in my opinion!

Bare Minerals recently came out with a similar product that is for the face. Look for that review coming very soon!

I would definitely recommend this product!! If you want to try it too, just go here: Sunset Glow and get prime shipping! 🙂

1. Your review as usual is great and lovely. But sunset oil i am not sure will suit me or not. Sensitive skin issues.

I have very sensitive skin as well, but so far have not had any issues with mixing it with my foundation.

2. Vivian says:

It looks like it has a lovely glow to it! I also agree that it just needs a pump dispenser so it’s not as messy, and more hygenic.

It really is lovely!!

3. Marta says:

Oh this looks interesting! I recently bought L’Oreal’s Wake Up & Glow Glow Mon Amour and it works fantastically, but I’d definitely be open to trying something new!

I have not tried that one. I am allergic to a lot of drugstore things though.

4. rhianwestbury says:

Without a pump I think I’d end up using a lot of this product. But an all over highlight sounds lovely x

Once you get the hang of it, it isn’t too bad, but it would be much better with a pump!

5. That sounds lovely. Is that suitable for every skin type?

Yes, it is!

6. Navita says:

Looks like a great product. Thanks for the tips and recommendation. Its always credible when coming from an expert 🙂 I have never tried a glow product before. Will look up on this one.

7. Nice review. It’s easy to read because it’s not too long. Very pleasing. the product seams very nice as well

8. I don’t like anything oil on my face. I use a similar highlighter on my face but is in the cream form.

I don’t typically like oils either, however, I just mix this with my foundation and I love it!!

9. I like the sound of this Glow Oil. I think it would work great on my skin.

10. Jelena says:

I really like what Sol De Janeiro Sunset Glow looks like. I’m sorry I did not take this product before the end of the summer. I would look great on the beach.

Yes it would! It is definitely great for summer and gives a great sun kissed glow!

11. matthulland says:

Sounds like a great product, maybe not for me, but I will definitely recommend to my layd.

12. Christina says:

Ooh this sounds like a great product. I do agree though, from what I see, it seems like a pump would help get the most out of the product. I would probably like to try it first before I bought it.

This is a product I probably never would have tried had it not come in my boxycharm. I would definitely buy it after having tried it though!

13. Corina says:

its looks so amazing, everyone looking for good glowing oil, the good quality of this oil is that it is also suitable for sensitive skin, thanks for giving tip to use it by mixing in foundation.
    xo Corina