Subscription Box Review:Ipsy!

It is time for another subscription box review!! This month I will be reviewing the Ipsy subscription.

9469FD78-F9DB-4269-B161-727419F7518C

This is what the Ipsy website says about its subscription:

“ipsy was founded with a singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. We wanted to completely reinvent the way you experience beauty, making it 100% about YOU.

That’s how the ipsy Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. ipsy Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with ipsy Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty.

Once you’re an ipster, you’re part of something big—a community that’s leaving the rules behind and making unique beauty a real thing. And we’ll be with you all the way.”

In the Ipsy glam bag comes 5 products that are chosen for you. Many are samples, some are deluxe size samples, and occasionally you get a full sized item.

This was what was in the August Glam Bag:

e8351e79-697a-4868-8310-970e8f2f684b.png

At just $10 this subscription bag is truly a great deal!! You get the opportunity to try so many things that you otherwise wouldn’t have the opportunity or money to try. I get very excited to get my bag each month and see all the goodies inside.

After you get the bag, you get the opportunity to give reviews on each of the products. Those reviews can help to shape future bags.

This is a subscription that I really recommend if you love getting new products, trying new things, and building up your makeup and beauty supplies for a very minimal cost. Another upside is that you can cancel at any time. So you can try it for as long as you like without getting stuck in some kind of long term contract.

Have you tried Ipsy? Did you like it?  If you haven’t and want to sign up and give it a try go here: IPSY

1. Heather says:

Subscription boxes certainly seem to be all the rage right now! I haven’t heard of any of the brands in your August bag, which is probably the point!

Yes it is! Most of the time I haven’t even heard of the brands, but every once in a while I find a new favorite!

2. I have tried so many subscription boxes but haven’t tried Ipsy as of yet. For some reason whenever I sign-up for a beauty version, I get a bunch of dry shampoo (I still have some!) The Moondust eyeshadow is catching my eye. It looks lovely!

I have yet to get dry shampoo in this one. Haha

1. I actually do use it on occasion. I just don’t know how their algorithm knows I am an “over shampoo-er.”

I use dry shampoo as well. I love it!

3. Serena says:

Subscription boxes really seem to be doing well this year! I haven’t heard of the brands but it looks like it’s a great value for the price.

Subscription boxes are definitely all the rage this year!!

4. Geraline Batarra says:

I have never tried to go in a subscription boxes but it looks so good and looks like a lot of fun. I have never heard of this brand before but it looks like a good on to try.

5. This sounds like a great deal. I actually just heard of the subscription box today when it showed up in my alerts and I’ve been wanting to try it. After reading your review it sounds like a great box and I still want to try it!

It is a great way to try different products than you usually use.

6. How natural are their products. I have searched for over 20 years for makeup that doesn’t cause my skin to react and I have yet to find anything that doesn’t cause an autoimmune reaction. Wish I could. Maybe if the products are very organic I can try them.

I have super sensitive skin so there are some things I can’t try. I usually will give something a shot once. Many of their brands are sensitive skin friendly though.

7. Olga Zak says:

I have never tried ipsy subscription box before. Those moon dust highlighter catching my eyes.

I love all the new things to try each month!

8. Monidipa says:

I might try this Ipsy subscription. The bag looks good, and the products seem travel friendly. Thanks for sharing.

These are great travel products and I get to learn about brands I have ever tried before.

9. alison says:

I have yet to do a subscription box, but Ipsy sounds like a fun one. Do you do any others? I know my daughter would love this so I would have to hide it from her if I did subscribe. Great products to test. Thank you for sharing your info and the pictures to show what you got!

My daughters get more excited about the bag than I do. Haha

10. piloncilloyvainilla says:

Love the idea. I need a place to start with makeup. So much to learn yet!! They all seem like great products!

11. Oh man! I love getting makeup and this is such a great price. I’d love to subscribe, but will have to wait a little while.

It really is a great price for some neat new things to try.

This is a great way to learn about more products! It is one of my favorite.

12. Sarah says:

I’ve heard great things about Ipsy but have yet to try! That Lipstix is such a pretty color!

13. Kristy B says:

My daughter is starting to get into make-up. I was wondering about the Ipsy subscription as a gift for her so I really appreciate your review!

You can’t really beat it for the price.

14. Great price for a subscription box and all those products. Tonymoly is meant to be really good Korean skincare.

15. toughcookiemommy says:

I love that the mission of this subscription box is to inspire every person’s unique beauty. It’s so important for every person to have the opportunity to feel beautiful.

16. I have heard wonderful things about ipsy! Plus, you can’t beat the price!

17. Christa Anne says:

I haven’t tried ipsy yet but I always hear such great things! I love all the items that were pictured.

18. mrhappywork says:

The whole subscription / mystery box sites have really exploded on the scene lately! Seems like a really great deal though, thanks for sharing. 🙂

19. Johanna says:

I haven’t tried subscription boxes so far. I must give them a chance, just curious what I am getting out of it! I like the eyeshadows in your pictures.

20. Faneshia says:

I know Ipsy is a super popular box! I haven’t had it yet but I see that it’s good.

21. Elizabeth O says:

I am a fan of subscription boxes I think they are a great way to try new products out. I love that it feels like a little surprise each month too.

22. justbusylovinglife says:

I Love Ipsy! I have been getting it for a year now! I love all the new products I get to try!

23. I use to have plenty of these boxes being delivered but sadly had to make budget cut backs, but this box looks amazing! I cant believe all that was in the august box

24. Waren Jean Go says:

I was previously subscribed to Ipsy and I liked it a lot. I stopped my subscription because I have so many products already. Thinking of resubbing soon.

25. Jesusa Gilliam says:

I’ve never tried a subscription box but the Ipsy subscription box looks like something I would really enjoy. This would make a great gift for Christmas.

Yes, it would make an excellent gift!

26. To be honest, I never heard about Ipsy subscription before but it looks really nice. I am now hooked! I am definitely checking this out.

27. I think its difficult to make subscription boxes that include makeup and work with all skin tones. But this one makes a good attempt.

Yes, that is why the good ones ask your information and then try to find things that work for your skin tone. Most subscriptions at least try to include things that work well for all skin tones, which is sometimes a hit and sometimes a miss. 🙂

28. My sister love her subscription box. I like to search and find something for me.