*NEW* from Cover Girl

Cover girl has released a brand new line of face products and after a quick trip to CVS and spending some of my hard earned extra bucks I was able to bring a few home.

Untitled design (1)

These products are a part of the Covergirl Trublend line of products. There is a new primer, foundation, concealer, and face palette as well as new lipsticks, liners, and a few new eye shadows. Usually I am not a big fan of Cover Girl products, but there are a lot of people who love it and I do what I do for my readers!! 🙂 Who knows, I may find a new favorite!! So, here we go!

DSC_0039

Primer: CoverGirl TruBlend Pore Minimizing Skin Primer is one of four new primers. 6744712A-C1E3-46E2-9BB9-DB83E0A4FCAD I chose the pore minimized to try  because my pores around my nose and on my chin are often larger than life. More like craters than pores!! 🙂 I would say this does an ok job, but is not nearly good as my favorite pore minimizing primer, COVER FX. It is pretty light like it claims and does give a smooth foundation for… well… foundation.

Foundation: CoverGirl TruBlend Matte Made liquid foundation is the newest in a 1354DDE2-AD6F-46DD-A20A-096B469BB461long line of foundation products for the CoverGirl brand. I have only tried one other foundation recently from the brand, although in high school their compacts were my BFF due to their cheap price and availability. This foundation does have their distinct Covergirl smell, so I can’t wear it often because it bothers my asthma. I actually really do like this foundation, though. It doesn’t feel heavy, but has a pretty good coverage. I had to build it up a little bit to get the amount of coverage I wanted, but not much. I would call it a medium- full coverage. I wore it for 11 hours in the day and it still looked pretty good at the end of the day. It cracked a bit around my nose and made my chin look a bit dryer than normal, but that isn’t surprising with a matte foundation. The shade range is very large at 40! I am sure you will find the perfect shade for you!

Concealer: CoverGirl TruBlend It’s Lit Concealer  is probably my favorite part of this F537B5BD-99D9-40C7-804B-D4161FBB6AFCcollection. It has a unique brush type applicator and is very easy to apply and easy to blend. I got a lighter color than my foundation so I could use it as more of a highlighter. It feels very smooth and light and covers very well! I really like the shade and it looks great! It is long lasting without creasing and will give you a long lasting flawless face!

Face Palette: Covergirl TruBlend Serving Sculpt Palette 510 is one of several colors and varieties of face palettes available with this new line. It includes a bronzer, a beautiful rose blush, and a gorgeous champagne sparkle highlighter. Each shade included is very complimentary to one another. It gives a fantastic finished look. I would love to be able to try every face palette. Each one has different colors and gives a different look. The shades are very smooth and blendable and also very pigmented. There are a couple of cons to this palette.

DSC_0046#1 The highlighter is basically glitter. It just leaves specks of glitter on your face, which I don’t like.

DSC_0044#2 It is very powdery and has a lot of fall out.

I didn’t even try any of the new eye shadow because I already know I am allergic to every covergirl eye product except their brow powder and mascara. They have a new palette that smells like peach and one that smells like chocolate that I would love to try, but I don’t want to risk burning my eye lids and not being able to wear any eyeshadow for a week. Believe me, it has happened before!!

Overall, I would recommend these products. Again, my favorite is the concealer. All of these products are very affordable, especially from CVS with some coupons and extra bucks!! 🙂

Comment below and tell me which Cover Girl product is your favorite and which one of these you would like to try! 🙂

1. Joan Cajic says:

I love cover girl but never really tried their primer. I think I need to buy some products.

This all looks fabulous. I’ve always been a fan of Cover Girl stuff. I have a lot of it.

3. The It’s Lit Concealer looks really interesting. I think using it as a highlighter as you did is a great idea.

4. kelly F woods says:

I love Cover Girl make up. Been using it for a long time. Thank you for sharing!

5. nabanita says:

Not a makeup person at all. I barely use lipstick and eyeliner. But will ask my sister to check it out.

6. Cristina Pop says:

I would love to try out the foundation. I have been searching for the perfect foundation for some month now…

7. delhifundos2014 says:

We would love to share your blog on social media. Many of our fashion blogger friend’s are looking for good makeup products. Luckily found your blog already bookmarked,. Will share this blog asap

That is awesome! Thank you!

8. Adaleta Avdić says:

I will have to check some of their new products out! I have always loved their makeup.

9. mommiestalks says:

want to buy a primer but cant decide which one after reading your rewies i think this primer suits my skin.

10. I haven’t tried many products from Covergirl to be honest but I might check out the Lit Concealer. I like the convenient of a pen brush applicator. Thanks for sharing!

It is the first concealer from Cover Girl that I really like

11. Blair villanueva says:

CoverGirl is our home grown makeup brand as well, but its sad that they dont stock much here in the Philippines. I like their new collection the colors would suits mine.

12. Never heard of Covergirl before but it looks like a great product. Will definitely check it out.

13. natalieast963 says:

hmmm i find drugstore just can’t replicate the formulations of higher end liquids and powders. I do love wet n wild highlight though… xo, natalie http://nataliastyleblog.com

I do agree with that for the most part. Maybelline has some fantastic foundations that are pretty close to some higher end cosmetics.

14. Covergirl is one of my favorite brands, but ive never used that primer! i need to get my hands on it.

15. I haven’t tried Covergirl cosmetics yet. Thank you for educating about it’s benefits.

16. What a cool post! I always hear about Covergirl. I have not tried there products yet but they seem very good. For example, these products look amazing. Thanks for sharing! 🙂

17. Natalia says:

I just love checking out face products! I don’t use too many of them, but sometimes when I want to look really good they’re just needed. The concealer is just something I’d need right now! Thanks for sharing your opinion on these products! 🙂

18. Kiwi says:

I havent used covergirl products in a long time. Great line up of new items they have thanks for sharing!

19. I have never tried Cover Girl products. Not too sure it is available in India. After reading your post, I am encouraged to pick up some during my next trip overseas.

20. Sigrid Says Blog says:

I would like to have that TruBlend Pore Minimizing Skin Primer by CoverGirl. I also have craters! hahahha I used to just pinch on my pimples so they left holes. Ugh…

21. Princess Quinn says:

CoverGirl Foundation is definitely my go to foundation. Not this specific product though. Mine was lightweight and won’t cake up. Perfect for medium coverage.

22. Ruth I. says:

This CoverGirl primer is quite different from Maybelline Pore Eraser that I use. Does this grey shade minimize redness too? Thanks for sharing.

23. I have used Cover girl products and I generally liked them. It’s new foundation is a must try. Thanks for sharing..

24. I also like Cover Girl. The price is just right, an the products really deliver. I love your review. I think I’m gonna try their concealer soon. 🙂

25. Olga Zak says:

Covergirl is one of my favorite brands. I like their new collection the colors would suits mine. Thanks for sharing.

26. I have heard of cover girl but not tried any of their products before.

27. StephJ says:

I am not a huge fan of the glittery highlighters, I like it to be as natural as possible.

28. Charli B says:

I’ve never tried cover girl before but, I’ve heard good things about it. I would love to try their foundation

29. I”m not a big makeup wearer. But if I were, I’d try these.

30. bushraalasadi says:

I love covergirl brand, I think I should try the concealer because I need it

31. Kathleen says:

I have not used cover girl in years. I hope they have improved since wearing it years ago. Great thorough review.

32. natalielovesbeauty says:

It’s been years since I’ve tried anything by this brand! I have tried their mascara and foundation!

33. Blair villanueva says:

Those are great finds. I like the shades you’ve picked. Cover Girl always delivers good quality makeup.

34. I’ve never tried using Cover girl products even though they sound nice. It’s always so nice when you use just one brand’s product and they expand their products, right? Anyway, since I’m all things matte, the matte foundation would work for me.

35. Gee Vee says:

One of my favorite brands is Cover Girl. Really good quality make up, so easy to apply.