New from CVS: What I Love & What I Don’t

This week I decided to check out what new items are available at CVS in the drugstore makeup section. I found quite a few things and decided to put my Extra Bucks to work and give them all a shot. Here is a picture of all the things I tried. I was kind of surprised about the things that I love and the things I don’t. Without further ado, let’s dive in.

82CB55B7-290E-4F14-822D-B56A5D24979F

Something I Love: Physicians Formula Spotlight Illuminating Primer – this is the first F34FEFC6-2F6E-4B67-8FC4-1CAD9F966361drug store primer that I have found that I have actually liked. Many primers from the drugstore just don’t do what they promise as far as the look on your skin. When you put it on it gives a nice glow to the skin that will show through if you are using a light/medium coverage foundation. If you don’t like shimmer, you may not like this, but I love shimmer and this! It is very light weight and isn’t super drying, which is a problem I have had with other drug store primers. I am pretty sure you could use this as a liquid highlighter also C9799526-093A-4C55-BCBC-905590854F42as it says you can apply it over foundation. Original Retail is $14.95 for 1 fluid oz. This is a pretty good size bottle. A little goes a long way and this will last a very long time.

Something I Don’t: Maybelline Superstay Foundation Stick

4D5FC90A-3BF6-44AB-B49F-F30A759919D5

This is a cream to matte stick foundation for normal to oily skin. I thought that I was going to love this because I love the liquid version of it. However, I do not like this foundation at all!!! It is a stick foundation and has a blender sponge on the other side. I found it to be very drying to the skin, which might be nice if you have really oily skin, but I don’t. Definitely stay away from this if you have dry skin. It dries very quickly, so you have to blend fast. As with most drugstore foundations, it oxidizes on the skin (gets 40330E4C-173F-4B71-8CDE-C229F8CF6ED1darker as the air hits it) so the shade that I bought is a little too dark. I bought two different shades because it says it is multifunctional (contour, conceal, highlight, cover). So, i got a lighter shade that I wanted to use as a highlight for my under eyes and the bridge of my nose. The color I got worked nicely, but because it is so drying it really dried out my under eyes way too much. I do not like the blender at all and found it to be pretty useless, so I applied it with my Ecotools beauty sponge, which worked much better! The retail price for this foundation is $9.99. I think I will be sticking with the liquid version of this makeup, which I love so much!!

Something Else I Love: Covergirl Easy Breezy Brow Sculpt + Brow Pomade This was a product that I was very surprised that I like. This really is Easy Breezy!! It has an angled brush and a little container of the pomade. It goes on very well, blends in easily, 57CBAF3A-200B-4C9D-9496-EA5021B12023and looks so natural! The original retail price is $11.99 and I really believe it is worth it! It takes very little to get a great, full looking, natural brow. The container, though it looks tiny, will last a very long time!

Something Else I Don’t: Physicians Formula Glide On Gel Eyeliner – I did not think this did any thing that resembled gliding on. Maybe it is just my eyelids, but this was very difficult to apply evenly. It kept skipping and I had to press a little too hard to get anything to show up on my eye. The color is fine, but I definitely wouldn’t buy this again.

A Few More Things I Love:

Revlon Kiss Exfoliating Balm – This is a great exfoliator and definitely leaves your lips smooth and hydrated for a long time. RP $4.99

Covergirl Vitalist Healthy Glow Highlighter – This highlighter is so beautiful! It comes in 3 shades and I got the shade, moonbeam. It is a cream, but goes on very nicely. It blends in easily and gives you a beautiful glow. I really love highlighter and this is one of my new favorites. It looks especially beautiful in the corner of the eye and right below the eye brow. RP $8.99

Maybelline Shine Compulsion Lipstick – I love this lipstick. It is so pretty! I bought this in the color 065 Spicy Mauve. It is so creamy and goes on effortlessly. It feels amazing on the lips and I love the shine!! It is not super long lasting, but I think the beauty of it makes up for that! RP $5.99

1. Amala Smith says:

I tend to buy most of my makeup at Sephora (love Fenti), but in a pinch I love Covergirl’s various mascaras.

I usually shop at Ulta or Sephora, but many people shop drugstores, so I try to see what they have to offer for a bargain! 🙂

You can find some awesome stuff at CVS! I normally get my makeup at Target though. It’s usually a fair price and I save more with my Red Card.

3. natalielovesbeauty says:

I haven’t shopped at the drugstore for makeup in a while! That brow pomade sounds very nice.

4. Cristina Pop says:

I have to admit that these all sounds like great products! Might as well just try them out!

5. sundeep says:

I just stumbled upon this blog today and not regretting spending even a minute of my reading time.

6. Natalia says:

We don’t have such a drugstore in Poland, but I know these products. That’s great you shared your experiences with us, as now I’ll know what to buy and what not to buy. 🙂

7. Hannah Marie says:

I haven’t tried this Maybelline Super stay foundation stick. I have swatched on the cake foundation and they did quite well. I hope this lroduct is not sticky at all.

8. I’ll have to try some of these! I always love experimenting with new makeup.

9. Emma Riley says:

I am not using make up but definitely know how to check if the make up has a quality or not ( I’ve learned that from my sister ) but that eye brow looks so pretty and perfect for my sisters eyes.

10. I love CVS. We go every Sunday. I love trying new products too but it’s nice to hear reviews before I spend the money.

11. I need a new eyeliner, this one looks great and I have a cvs close by.

12. Rosey says:

My daughter is always looking for a good primer. Maybe we’ll make a trip to CVS

13. amayszingblogs says:

I haven’t try the Maybeline products because I’m using Eber bilena products here in Philippines 🙂 but I really to try to buy Maybeline conseler Thanks for the advice 🙂

14. OnlybrightNess says:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about those make up products ! There are some that I think i don’t have here in France ! Maybeline is often great though !

15. Joanna says:

That stick foundation does look strange, not sure if I would try it. I would find it very difficult to apply. I do like cream ones.

16. I could see my buying several of these. I love CVS and all of their beauty and cosmetic products I’ve tried. That lipstick would be my first pick for sure.

17. toastycritic says:

My girlfriend loves CVS and shopping there for makeup. She would be very interested in this review of cosmetic products. I will have to pass it along.

18. This is such a great post. My daughter is obsessed with CVS, she goes there just to get makeup. Thanks for sharing!

19. Informative post for me. I loved reading it and I have saved it too.

20. Emily Smith says:

great reviews! I don’t wear make up a whole lot but it’s nice to know what’s good and what’s not!

21. 1st Class Rv Adventures says:

Thank you for sharing! I am going to try that primer next time I go to CVS I am glad you shared your thoughts on this specific brand!!! TY!

22. Lynnette says:

Looks like you got a lot of great items! I’ll have to try out their brow sculptor