Friday update: The only product I really think I would want to keep using is the mask and the mascara primer. The more i use the primer with different mascaras, the more I like it. It only works with certain ones, but it works well. The mask was really nice and actually I think will get me to use more masks!! 🙂
Today I am going to talk about each product that was in my beauty box that Kroger sent me for FREE and what I thought of it the first time that I used it. I have never tried any of these products, so this was a really fun experience. I love to try new things!
1. Love Beauty and Planet Lavender Shampoo and Conditioner – The shampoo kind of reminded me of soft soap when I first opened it. It had the feeling of just a soap. The smell is really strong, which is the only major problem I found with this product. The conditioner was thick and oily and was a little difficult to wash out. I am not sure of the effect of this after using a few times and with styling, but that will be in my post on Friday. Overall my first impressions of this product aren’t great, but I would be willing to try some of their other lines to see if there was something I like better. I do love that they are a natural product.
2. Neutrogena Deep Clean Purifying 100% Hydrogel Mask – I don’t use masks very often and I kind of get in a rut with my face routine. I did enjoy using this though. My skin felt smooth and very clean after using it. It felt very cool and refreshing on my face and this is definitely a product that I would use again.
3. Tresemme Compressed Micro mist hair spray – I don’t use hairspray very often, but on the few occasions that I do, I will definitely use this one. It doesn’t make my hair crunchy! My hair is still soft and brushable, but it also holds very nicely. Also, usually I can’t use aerosols because of the smell, but because this is a micro mist and uses less gas I was able to use it without a problem.
4. Aveeno Absolutely Ageless Daily Moisturizer and Restorative Night Cream – First, I will say that I am not a fan of this packaging at all. When I was taking them out, I could not get the sticky substance off of them. It was nasty. I was not a fan of the strong smell. The night time cream especially had a really strong smell kind of like febreeze. It does work well though, and I am not allergic to it!! If you aren’t sensitive to smells like I am, you would probably love this product.
5. Loreal Paris Voluminous Mascara Primer – I have never used a mascara primer before, so I was really eager to give this a shot. It is white out of the bottle, but it dries clear. Honestly, I didn’t see any difference in the first use, but it says it thickens, lengthens, and conditions over time. I am not sure how much time. The only thing I noticed about this is that it did make my mascara flake. I would love to try it with a Loreal mascara because I am sure they are formulated to work together very well.
6. Garnier Fructis Nourishing Treat Hair Mask – So, I have been allergic to every other Garnier Fructis product that I have tried. I decided just to do a patch test on my scalp to see how I would react to it. My scalp did start to itch and burn just like other Garnier products that I have tried. So, I decided I wasn’t going to use this product.